Payment and Cancellation Policies
- Monthly tuition is due by the first meeting of the month and is non-refundable.
- Lessons or classes cancelled by Lacey Lewis or Red Door Studios are credited to your next month’s tuition or can be made-up at the student’s discretion.
- In the case of inclement weather (with school cancellations used as a barometer) class will be cancelled and credited to your next month’s tuition or rescheduled.
- Please give notice of any vacations or holidays prior to the beginning of each month if you wish to ‘skip’ a lesson.
- Lessons cancelled by the student must be made with at least 24 hour notice of your scheduled lesson time in order to be eligible for a make-up lesson. Please text or call 913-909-5408 if you must cancel. Text is preferred as I generally cannot answer calls while teaching.
- Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice may be made-up at the teacher’s discretion in cases of student illness or emergencies, but not skipped.
- Make-ups must be held within the month of the missed lessons. Tuition for cancelled lessons that are not made up in that month will be forfeited.
- Any lesson missed without notice (No Call, No Show) will not be made up, the cost of the missed lesson is forfeited.
- Late arrivals to lessons to do not extend lesson time.
- Please provide 2 weeks notice if you wish to discontinue participation in private or semi-private lessons.
For Semi-Private Lesson Groups
- Make-ups must occur during an already-scheduled group session. This can be done by going to a session that is not on your regular day or extending your usual time that you participate in the group.
For Weekly Classes and Workshops
- Tuition is non-refundable and make-up classes are generally unavailable.
- If you must withdraw from a class you may instead allow a friend to take your spot.
- If you must miss a class, efforts will be made to provide you missed information at the next meeting. In some circumstances you may be able to attend a Semi-Private Lesson Group to make-up class time, but this is not guaranteed and based on available space in the group.