Sundays 2-4:30pm, August 6th -September 24th
$320 per student includes all materials
Foundations of Oil Painting is ideal for someone who wants to start oil painting, for those who want to learn some new techniques, or for those with oil painting experience who need more information on the proper way to use their materials. Students will work both from life and from photos with the opportunity to explore personalized subject matter after working through initial projects.
Techniques and methods covered in this class will include:
- Direct/alla prima painting
- Indirect painting/layering
- Understanding different types of underpainting
- Glazing and scumbling
This course will also cover materials information including:
- Painting ground choices
- Understanding the contents of your paint tube
- The differences between solvents, mediums, dryers, resins, etc!
- How to follow the 'fat-over-lean' rule
- How, why, and when of varnishing
All classes will take place at Red Door Studios, 1427 West 9th St. Suite #302, KCMO 64101.